Senior Property Manager - Retail Strips Division
About the role:
Due to continued growth, an opportunity is available for a Senior Property Manager to work within our Commercial Property Management Team – Retail Strips Division. As part of a team of 6 hands on professionals, you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive range of property management services for a busy and prestigious portfolio of predominantly strip retail premises, as well as assisting in managing and mentoring other team members.
This role includes but is not limited to the following:
- Attend properties, liaise with tenants, and maintain a prominent Management presence.
- Negotiate and implement initial and reviewed rentals and leases, co-ordinate sub-lettings, assignments, licences etc.
- Liaise with solicitors, prospective tenants, process applications for lease, prepare heads of agreement documentation
- Assist client solicitors to prepare draft disclosure statements as required.
- Ensure rents and outgoings are collected from tenants on time and in accordance with the provisions of the various leases.
- Follow up arrears weekly
- As required by Retail Leases Act, prepare annual budget, provide copies to tenants of same.
- Authorise accounts for payment, ensuring amounts are in line with current budget
- Report to owners on a regular basis.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Proven performance in the hands on management of a complex retail, industrial or commercial property portfolio including the achievement of sound economic and commercial outcomes.
- Good understanding of best practice when it comes to property management as well as a thorough working knowledge of relevant legislation and issues related to the functions of the position.
- Ability to accurately interpret and apply the relevant Acts and Regulations.
- Ability to plan and organise work on an individual basis within set timeframes to achieve personal and team output requirements.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- High level skills in database management including the use Microsoft Programs such as Word, Excel, Access, RP Office.
- Strong written skills, including the ability to develop and present reports and correspondence relating to all aspects of property management including acquisitions, disposals and lease arrangements.
- High level of discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality in dealing with tenants, clients and members of the public. And such other duties reasonably required from time to time by a Director of the Company.
- Tertiary qualification in Real Estate or a related discipline desirable but not required
Agents Representative or Licenced Estate Agent
- MUST have a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Current valid Victorian Driver's Licence
In return for your excellent work ethic and productivity, you will be rewarded with a professional culture, excellent mentors and a great exposure to Asset Management.
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Please note, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
If this sounds like you then click here to send your CV and covering letter.
Please note, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.