Senior Retail Property Manager | Centre Manager
About the role:
An opportunity is available for a Senior Property Manager, with strong retail experience, to work within our Commercial Property Management Team. As part of a team of 35 property management professionals you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive range of property management services for a diverse portfolio including several neighbourhood shopping centres. In this role you will be supported by an Assistant Property Manager and our Facilities Management Team.
This role includes but is not limited to the following:
- Work with our clients to deliver appropriate investment strategies for each asset.
- Attend properties, liaise with tenants, and maintain a prominent Management presence.
- Work with our Facilities Management team to proactively manage all aspects of contractor performance.
- Negotiate and implement initial and reviewed rentals and leases, co-ordinate sub-lettings, assignments, licences etc.
- Liaise with solicitors, prospective tenants, process applications for lease, prepare heads of agreement documentation
- Ensure rents and outgoings are collected from tenants on time and in accordance with the provisions of the various leases.
- As required by Retail Leases Act, prepare annual budget, provide copies to tenants of same.
- Authorise accounts for payment, ensuring amounts are in line with current budget
- Report to owners on a regular basis.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Proven performance in the hands on management of a complex retail and commercial property portfolio including the achievement of sound economic and commercial outcomes.
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting for multi tenanted properties.
- Good understanding of best practice when it comes to property management as well as a thorough working knowledge of relevant legislation and issues related to the functions of the position.
- Ability to accurately interpret and apply the relevant Acts and Regulations.
- Ability to plan and organise work on an individual basis within set timeframes to achieve personal and team output requirements.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- High level skills in database management.
- Strong written skills, including the ability to develop and present reports and correspondence relating to all aspects of property management including acquisitions, disposals and lease arrangements.
- High level of discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality in dealing with tenants, clients and members of the public.
- And such other duties reasonably required from time to time by a Director of the Company.
- Tertiary qualification in Real Estate or a related discipline desirable but not required
- Agents Representative or Licenced Estate Agent
- MUST have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Current valid Victorian Driver's Licence
Fitzroys offers a supportive and inclusive work-place culture. You will be joining a team of like-minded professionals who embrace diversity and work collaboratively to achieve exceptional outcomes. As one of Melbourne’s largest privately owned real estate companies we offer a great career pathway and we will work with you to develop and support your career aspirations.
If this sounds like you then Click Here to send your CV and covering letter.
Please note, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.